RE: datetime-difference

Thanks, Andy,

For the moment, we can live without it for our use case,
would anybody support to put propagating all op:... operator
delegations for basic arithmetics from Xpath/Xquery operators
on the future work items list?

> > It's probably too much of a burden to add it now, but
> "nice-to have"
> > for my use case would be
>
> Slippery slope!
>
> We would have to add required support for xsd duration
> hierarchy (xs:dayTimeDuration, xs:yearMonthDuration).

Yeah, understood. I agree that adding some, but not all op:... delegations
would seem arbitrary, and adding all at this stage looks like a potential
source for trouble and as you said, additional impl. Burden for compliance...

> (Disclosure: ARQ does g* and some of durations but not all
> arithmetic on datetimes - someone contributed the duration support)

... Great, that might solve my use case for the moment, will look into that.

> >   op:add-dayTimeDuration-to-dateTime
>
> FYI: Only applies to DT+dayTimeDuration, not the other way round.

Understood, that's why I thought is might be convenient for  either
    xsd:dateTime + xsd:dayTimeDuration
   or
   xsd:dayTimeDuration + xsd:dateTime
Both to op:add-dayTimeDuration-to-dateTime() but switching operators for the latter.

Anyways, as said above, can live without it being in the current standard.

Cheers,
Axel