Re: Comments response for AD-1 and AH-1

On 10/04/12 17:01, Birte Glimm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I was picked as the victim for handling AD-1 and AH-1, here's my attempt:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:AH-1
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:AD-1
>
> In particular for AH-1 I would like some feedback for my arguments of
> why changing the BINDINGS semantics as suggested is problematic.

In reverse order:

** http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:AH-1

+1

The technical reason is that what is requested is that

BINDINGS ( ?x ) { ... }
BINDINGS ( ?y ) { ... }

be the cross product (?x, ?y) but then what's

BINDINGS ( ?x ) { ... }
BINDINGS ( ?x ) { ... }

and generalise for more than one variable.

** http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:AH-1

Main point:

I'd like more time on this.  It seems an easy mistake to fall into and
also one that might affect federated query.

One possibility is to allow BINDINGS in a group (i.e. between {}) then
it's still a join but the FILTER is over the matching+joined data.

Editorial point:

+1