ACTION-605 follow-up: property path commenters' reactions

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:05:56 -0400
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
As per ACTION-605, I reached out to our property path commenters and
asked if our current resolution to the property path comments satisfied
their concerns.

group has made in resolving their comments on property path evaluation
performance; some of them do believe that the new design addresses the
performance concerns, while others are unsure or chose to remain silent.

You can read the discussion (note that it is strictly unofficial) at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Apr/0013.html

Tomorrow, we should decide whether--based on this feedback--we wish to
adjust last week's resolution, or if we should stick with it.

My recommendation is that we stay with our decision. We had a strong
consensus on it last week, and I believe that it is a well-motivated,
conservative design that does address the Last Call comments, while
leaving room for property paths to be extended and improved in
subsequent standardization rounds.

Lee