Re: GET on a graph store URI / Graph Store HTTP Protocol

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:33:34 -0500
Cc: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
On Dec 19, 2011, at 8:43 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Note that in the current draft we have, I think:
>
> 1.   The endpoint address, like http://example.com/people/sparql.  This
> is normal SPARQL.
>
>  - GET on this gives you the SD
>  - Query parameters are added to this for SPARQL queries
>
> 2.   The "graphstore" address, which is also described as the "default
> dataset" URI in the SD, like http://example.com/people.   This seems
> fairly reasonable to me, since graphstore::dataset : g-box::graph.

I don't think this is (always) true. The possible difference between the graph store and the dataset is the entire reason the service description vocabulary has the sd:availableGraphs property. That is, the default dataset may be some subset of the addressable graphs that may be used in queries for a particular service. If you want to make this case (which I'm still hesitant about), I think it would have to be that the "graphstore address" is the same as the sd:GraphCollection pointed at by the sd:availableGraphs property, *not* the sd:Dataset pointed at by sd:defaultDataset.

thanks,
.greg