Re: has anyone implemented SPARQL 1.1 yet?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:32:07 -0500
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 20:14 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Getting SPARQL 1.1 finished without delay is very attractive.  There is
> a certain amount of ceremony involved, including the community beyond
> the WG.  I'm not sure where the best balance lies.
>
> While it's not strictly necessary, I think it is desirable if possible,
> to have systems outside the WG to be on the implementation report, which
> some things is quite political. There are systems ready - we need to
> collect the CR data.

Agreed about the ceremony and political balance.

> Jena is feature complete for query, update, protocol, federated query,
> results (all) and graph store protocol. Code is there for service
> description requests but I'm not how one shows conformance. Outstanding
> though is WG protocol tests which is on the WG's ToDo list; I can provide
> a public facing server for client testing if that helps.
>
> Jena hasn't yet address the parts of entailment it can provide but I
> plan to in time for the implementation report.

So it sounds like (given this and Greg's report [1]), we might well be
able to skip CR, except for ER, but we might not want to, because we
want to improve our test suite and give the community a chance to
participate in the before-REC process.

   -- Sandro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011OctDec/0215