Re: Review of SPARQL 1.1 Protocol (part 1 - up to end of section2)

On 17/11/11 14:55, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
>> ** Terminology
>>
>> Terminology Does this need "graph store" as well?
>
> If we use it elsewhere, I'd prefer just to link to its definition in
>  Update, so not changing anything here...

There is already a definition of RDF dataset as terminology and link
to SPARQL Query.

Consistency suggests do the same for graph store or delete RDF dataset
item.  Don't mind which.

>> ** Section 2.2.X
>>
>> The target of an update is a graph store but it does not say this
>> anywhere in the document. The only use of "graph store" is in the
>> reference to the Graph Store protocol.
>>
>> 2.2.3 talks about the dataset for the WHERE clause.
>>
>> I think the doc needs 2.2.3 to discuss the graph store then
>> 2.2.3->2.2.4 for the dataset and WHERE discussion.
>
> Do you have a suggestion for what to say about the graph store? As I
> see it, the protocol is sort of agnostic to anything about the graph
> store, given that there's no concept of altering it or affecting it
> in any way.

"The target is a graph store which is a mutable RDF dataset.  That is
a graph store holds an RDF dataset and the SPARQL Update operation may
change that RDF dataset for a modified one." and point to SPARQL Update.

It's the fact the protocol for update operates on a Graph Store, not a
dataset.