Re: Review of Update

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:43:41 +0000
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On 16/11/11 02:57, Paul Gearon wrote:
>> >  -- Question:
>> >
>> >  INSERT WHERE: what happens if INSERT has two graph patterns that insert the
>> >  same blank node in two different graphs:
>> >
>> >  INSERT {
>> >  graph<g1>  {?x ?p ?v}
>> >  graph<g2>  {?x ?p ?v}
>> >  }
>> >  WHERE {
>> >  ?x ?p ?v filter (isBlank(?v))
>> >  }
> Originally, my understanding was that this would create two new blank
> nodes. However, I believe that this may have now changed (I forget the
> specifics of the conversation).

One blank node - and it's the same blank node as the pattern part (same
internal store-wide identifier).  Update is working on changes to the
RDF abstract syntax.

This should happen in sk╬╝(TriplesTemplate).  See end of 4.2.4.

If it's not the same blank node, then

   DELETE { GRAPH <g1> { ?x :p ?v } } WHERE { ?x :p ?v }

will not work for blank nodes.