W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > October to December 2011

RDF 1.1 / rdf:langString (test change)

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:39:42 +0000
Message-ID: <4EC24F7E.9030607@epimorphics.com>
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
RDF 1.1 will have datatypes for all literals.  Plain literals are either 
xsd;String (no lang tag) or rdf:langString (with language tag).

I've changed SPARQL's DATATYPE to reflect this.

Two tests are affected: one in SPARQL 1.0, one in SPARQL 1.1

 From SPARQL 1.0:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data-r2/expr-builtin/q-datatype-2.rq

 From SPARQL 1.1:
functions/if01.rq

I've changed if01.rq so that it records what I think is the correct 
answers but has this lost some of the intention of the test?

== Query

BASE    <http://example.org/>
PREFIX  xsd:  <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>

SELECT  ?o (if(( datatype(?o) = xsd:integer ), true, false) AS ?integer)
WHERE
   { ?s ?p ?o }

== Old results
------------------------------
| o                 | integer |
===============================
| "123"             | false   |
| "日本語"@ja          |         |
| "english"@en      |         |
| "français"@fr     |         |
| "abc"^^xsd:string | false   |
| "def"^^xsd:string | false   |
| 7                 | true    |
-------------------------------

== New results
------------------------------
| o                 | integer |
===============================
| "123"             | false   |
| "def"^^xsd:string | false   |
| "français"@fr     | false   |
| "日本語"@ja          | false   |
| 7                 | true    |
| "abc"^^xsd:string | false   |
| "english"@en      | false   |
-------------------------------
Received on Tuesday, 15 November 2011 11:40:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:47 GMT