Comment responses for MS-[2-7]

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@uni-ulm.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:04:58 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi all,

after today's teleconf, I've spend some time to finish the replies to
Michael's comments. I would be grateful if you could support the
response, so that I can mail out the replies. The biggest change is
from MS-6 as detailed below.

- Comment about higher order semantics, reply that higher order
reasoning is not required.

- Comment that we should have different restriction for the queried
graph and the pattern, which we have in fact. A clearer distinction is
not foreseen by the BGP extension point condition.

- Comment that error handling should be weakend to SHOULD, but I want
to stay consistent with SPARQL Query, so left as is. Only for OWL
Direct Semantics the exception that triples that violate OWL DL
constraints can be omitted is dropped.

- Suggestion that inconsistent graphs should not be handled in the
spec, but that is required by the BGP matching extension point

- D-Entailment has no fixed datatype map, so if we have one, it's not
D-entailment. Since also Antoine Zimmermann was not too happy with the
datatype map, I now dropped that. Systems have to specify, e.g., in
their documentation, what datatype map they use, but D-entailment no
longer prescribes a fixed datatype map.

Clarification of an example for which I had a question in an editorial
note. Example is anyway simplified now.

Jun. Prof. Dr. Birte Glimm                         Tel.:    +49 731 50 24125
Inst. of Artificial Intelligence                      Secr:  +49 731 50 24258
University of Ulm                                       Fax:   +49 731 50 24188
D-89069 Ulm                                             birte.glimm@uni-ulm.de