From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:42:48 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

David understands the issues but has now asked for STR to be changed.

The whole issue is likely overtaken by RDF-WG and skolemization; I think
it is better that RDF-WG respond to that although I have put in text
about this in the response, which I had mentioned in the original response.

Given the current design, from SPARQL 1.0, I think leaving it as an
extension is the best design choice.   Only by standardising the string
across stores would we fully satisfy the requirement for bNode handling
(inc. federated query).