Re: Discussion on DB-12?

[...]
> all go through "Dataset-UNION" so it looks like it already says that anyway.
>
> So I think it already says it and in the right place.

Hmmm, while all these operations are grounded in Dataset-UNION, I think this is an orthogonal issue/question.
Strictly speaking, it seems to me, so far in section 3.1 we just say that implementations may remove graphs that are left empty.
We do not say that this has to be done either always or never, ie. we seem to allow implementations that is may be done in some cases, and not in others.

I have the impression that David's proposed remark in Section 3.1 is an attempt to make this more crisp,
but after what you said and rethinking this a bit, I am afraid that the proposed wording
kind of doesn't say anything:

> > [[
> > If a graph is created implicitly by an update operation, then the
> > behavior of the Graph Store MUST be functionally equivalent to its
> > behavior if the graph had been created explicitly by a CREATE operation.
> > ]]

 Strictly speaking, we don't even prescribe that one CREATE operation behaves the same as another, do we?
So, saying that implicit creations behave as a CREATE operation doesn't say too much, does it?

best,
Axel