Re: test case changes

On Sep 29, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>> 2.
>>
>> I'd like to remove test service/manifest#service5 from the manifest
>> list as it tests the "SERVICE ?var" form that I believe we've
>> resolved not to specify. An alternative would be to mark this test
>> with an mf:requires and mint a new IRI to represent the
>> variable-endpoint extension.
>
> The proposal to make (service) a binary operator woudl address teh key issue.

Ah. Sorry, I didn't remember that we're still considering a big change like that. I'll leave this test as-is for now.

>> 3.
>>
>> I'd like to change the SERVICE manifest to mark federation tests as
>> using the service "feature", not marking it as a "requirement" with
>> mf:requires:
>>
>> -       mf:requires mf:BasicFederation ;
> > +       mf:feature sd:BasicFederatedQuery ;
>>
>> This change is based on mf:requires being used historically as a way
>> to indicate a test that requires some optional feature of the
>> implementation (thus making the test optional w.r.t. conformance).
>> However, we've now split the test suite into conformance requirements
>> on a per-spec basis (in manifest-all.ttl), and I believe the service
>> tests should be considered required tests for conformance to the
>> Federation Extension spec.
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on these changes?
>
> Both?
>
> Running everything and running per-spec make sense.  manifest-all.ttl
>
> If you want to stress the per-spec natural, let's have one manifest per-spec and make manifest-all.ttl include each area manifest.

If we did both, we'd still need a way to distinguish tests required for conformance (e.g. to the federation spec) and those that are optional by the fact of having one or more requirements (marked with mf:requires).

.greg