Re: Update protocol and dataset description

On 08/08/11 20:21, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> On 8/8/2011 2:57 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> The question is what happens within one request when there are two
>> operations.
>>
>> In your example, it's really a subset of the graph store (as I
>> understand it).
>>
>> In my example, the dataset is unchanging. No updates from the first
>> operation are visible to in the second operation (neither changes of a
>> graphs triples, not the set of named graphs).
>>
>> It's different from query because of multiple operations in one request.
>
> Maybe I need to see a more complete example. Are you saying that you'd
> pass something like http://example/web in the protocol parameter and
> then do:
>
> INSERT DATA { GRAPH <http://example/web> { :a :b :c } }
> ;
> INSERT {
> } WHERE {
> GRAPH <http://example/web> { :a :b ?c }
> }
>
> and not expect the 2nd operation to see the triple from the first?

There are two cases here; when http://example/web is in the protocol
parameters and where http://example/web is not in the the protocol
parameters and then the request is:

INSERT DATA { GRAPH <http://example/web> { :a :b :c } }

INSERT {
} WHERE {
   GRAPH <http://example/web> { :a :b ?c }
}

or GRAPH ?g { ... }

if the dataset is fixed by reading the web, there are two
"http://example/web" in circulation.

(Note: I'm not suggesting one design over another - as the test cases
attempted, I'm exploring the possibilites of the design space.  We have
had little-to-no discussion of this so as far as I'm concerned I haven't
formed a solidly based design-space understanding yet. Anzo is one case
but it is not the only one.)

 Andy