Re: CSV/TSV results test cases and suggested adaption of JSON results test cases

On 07/08/11 19:50, Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Axel Polleres wrote:
>
>> 1) I added (my understanding of) what CSV and TSV test cases should return in
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/csv-tsv-res/
>>
>> the test cases are:
>>
>>    http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/csv-tsv-res/manifest#csv01
>>    http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/csv-tsv-res/manifest#tsv01
>>    http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/csv-tsv-res/manifest#csv01
>>    http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/csv-tsv-res/manifest#tsv02
>>
>> these haven't been produced automatically, so please check.

I have automatically checked the TSV ones, and semi-automatically
checked the CSV ones.  ARQ checks by reading result sets in and you can
read in CSV to set the original results set. I checked using diff and
fortunately variable order was the same ...

> All of these use the SELECT * form. If the variables happen to be projected in a different order than the one assumed in the csv/tsv result files, should the tests fail?

Good point.

Each row is a map of variable to value.  The order of the (name, value)
pairs does not matter in any of the formats although aligning position
to header line does, of course.  its more obviosu in JSON where the row
is an object (map) but even in the XML results order does not convey
meaning.

>> 2) this brought me to some ommission in the json-res test cases ... where I
>> (note that I alsoe renamed the output files from .srj to .json).
>
> Why?

Agreed :

There is a MIME type registration and it is in the original note.

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-json-res/#mediaType