Re: Review of Fed-query for LC readiness (ACTION-502)

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:24:44 -0700
Cc: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Carlos Buil Aranda <cbuil@fi.upm.es>
On Aug 1, 2011, at 1:32 PM, Carlos Buil Aranda wrote:

> I updated the fed document with the changes you sugested. Regarding the BINDINGS section I completed it a bit more with the queries missing.

I don't think the BINDINGS example in section 2.4 is particularly helpful. The example shows a situation where the BINDINGS clause isn't actually restricting the results that are sent back from the remote endpoint because the data on that endpoint is a subset of the BINDINGS values. I think it would be better if the data was reversed: :a and :b in the local dataset and :a, :b, and :c on the remote endpoint, with the BINDINGS clause restricting the pattern matching on the remote endpoint to just :a and :b.

thanks,
.greg