Re: RDF-ISSUE-17 (graph merge): How are RDF datasets to be merged? [RDF Graphs]

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:22:16 +0100
Cc: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
On 2011-03-29, at 16:03, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>> When ever a file is read, the bNodes don't clash - it takes active measures to have them be the same and that means application intent.
>>
>> Except if someone uses ADD, or INSERT?
>
> These are active measures - operations within a graph store.  The store keeps them apart unless an operation combines them in some way.

I understand that it's clear an obvious from the store's point of view, I'm just not sure it is from the user's.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting to change anything, just pointing out that it allows a new situation, where bNodes are not scoped to a single graph.

Also, I get to delete a bunch of code from 4store, which is always good.

Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK
+44 20 8439 8203  http://www.garlik.com/