review of the GeoSPARQl specification

From: Carlos Buil Aranda <cbuil@fi.upm.es>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:57:40 +0200
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Dear all, here come my comments about the GeoSPARQL specification.

There is a typo in item 1.2.4.3 which described LineString class, there
is the name Curve instead of LineString in the URI identifying the resource

In t he SimpleFeature object from OGC we came up with the following
questions: to what is referring the ArcString class, is the same class
than SimpleFeature in OGC? Wht there is no class LinearRing in the
model? Why compose relations such TIN which is composed by triangles or
MultiPoint are not taken into account? Why envelope and boundary
attributes are taken into account as filter function and not as class
properties?

In general this model is widely used, Virtuoso and other implementations
(like geometry2rdf) in general follow the same approach than the one
described in the specification.

Cheers,

Carlos