ACTION-415 completed (Updates in SPARQL1.1 Update formal model ready for review)

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 00:07:30 +0100
Cc: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>, Alexandre Passant <Alexandre.Passant@deri.org>
To: sparQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
As agreed with Alex, I committed changes in SPARQL1.1 Update Formal model, cf.

 http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#formalModel

Main changes:
 - Added definition of the Dataset() function as discussed in emails [1,2]
 - RDF merge changed to set union of triples in Definition of Dataset-UNION http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JanMar/0325.html
 - In general in the formal definitions, I referred to QuadPattern
   (as per the grammar [3], as opposed to graph_triples or modify_template, which we had before)

Remaining open issues:

 - As I think, Andy already pointed out, in all the informal introduction of Update constructs in Section 3, we should
   refer to QuadPattern instead of "graph_triples" or "modify_template", since the informal descriptions are less general than
   what the actual grammar and - now also - the formal model allows
   (added that in To_Last_Call wiki)

 - I didn't yet find the time to address all of Andy's comments on the formal model in detail, but I hope at least,
   we're getting there, i.e. we have progress to review.

best,
Axel

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JanMar/0444.html
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JanMar/0446.html