Re: Update comment

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:02:30 -0400
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
On 3/24/2011 5:11 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> """
> The USING [NAMED] <uri> clauses define a dataset to be used in matching
> the WHERE clause. uris identify graphs in the graph store. All uris in a
> USING <uri> form are used to form a graph which is the union of the
> graphs named, and is teh default graph of the dataset, and all uris in a
> USING NAMED <uri> form the named graph of the datasets.
>
> If a USING or USING NAMED clause appears, then this will override any
> effect that WITH may have on the WHERE clause, and only the WHERE clause.
> """

So would I not be (conformantly) allowed to implement update in such a
way that I can match data retrieved from outside the graph store and use
that to update graphs in the graph store?

I don't do that today, but I surely will in the future :) Perhaps I
could still do that via a creative interpretation of exactly what my
graph store consists of.

Anyway, I'm fine with this change, just still trying to understand it.

Lee