From: andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com
To: matthew.perry@oracle.com
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:43:47 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Review of revised property path tests

On 21/02/11 22:07, Matthew Perry wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I took a look at the revised property path tests.
>
> I have a questions about pp16 and pp25.
>
> The text definition in Section 18.4 allows an endpoint to appear as an
> intermediate node on the path.
>
> In pp16, if we allow this, shouldn't we get these additional solutions:
> {X=:e, Y=:e} for :e - foaf:knows -> :f - foaf:knows -> :e
> {X=:d, Y=:e} for :d - foaf:knows -> :e - foaf:knows -> :f - foaf:knows
> -> :e

I'm a bit lost here - are we talking at cross purposes somehow?

{X=:e, Y=:e} are in the solutions pp16.srx once.  Is that right for
foaf:knows*? Previously, we did have multiples here but you argued
against that.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JanMar/0158.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JanMar/0169.html

Ditto
{X=:d, Y=:e}

| X                      | Y                      |
| <http://example.org/a> | <http://example.org/a> |
| <http://example.org/a> | <http://example.org/b> |
| <http://example.org/a> | <http://example.org/c> |
| <http://example.org/a> | <http://example.org/c> |
| <http://example.org/b> | <http://example.org/b> |
| <http://example.org/b> | <http://example.org/c> |
| <http://example.org/c> | <http://example.org/c> |
| <http://example.org/d> | <http://example.org/d> |
| <http://example.org/d> | <http://example.org/f> |
| <http://example.org/e> | <http://example.org/e> | **
| <http://example.org/e> | <http://example.org/f> |
| <http://example.org/f> | <http://example.org/e> |
| <http://example.org/f> | <http://example.org/f> |
| <http://example.org/h> | <http://example.org/h> |
| "test"                 | "test"                 |

(this is the srx file, reformatted; not evaluating the query).

> In pp25, we would get this additional solution
> {z=:c} for :a - :p -> :c - :p -> :c

I see the test results for pp25 (<diamond-loop-2.srx) in CVS as:

| <http://example/c> |
| <http://example/z> |
| <http://example/b> |
| <http://example/z> |