Re: Service or graph store naming.

On 14/02/11 22:14, Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2011, at 5:10 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>>> And the conformance would then include something along the lines of:
>>>
>>> • The RDF content returned from dereferencing a service URL<U>   must
>>> contain one and only one triple matching: ?service sd:url<U>   .
>>>
>>> ?
>>
>> How about making sd:url an inverse functional property?
>
> It already is.

Will there be range of sd:ServiceEndpoint as well as a domain?

> So how about:
>
> • The RDF content returned from dereferencing a service URL<U>   must
> include one triple matching: ?service sd:url<U>   .

I don't think that is necessary.  It is desirable for simple processing
of the RDF but MUST is far too strong.  After all the service may have
different names (over time, your name, my name, bnode now, name later) -
this is the semantic web and there is not usually a unique name assumption.