Re: SPARQL Update / editorial

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Andy Seaborne
<andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 11/01/11 16:33, Steve Harris wrote:
<snip/>
>> Would prefer
>>
>> [ WHERE GroupGraphPattern ]
>
> Completely patternless gets confusing with INSERT DATA because of variables
> in the pattern with INSERT { ?s ?p ?o } which might read as implciitly
> setting ?s ?p ?o.
>
> The WHERE is currently mandatory in the grammar.  This is based on my
> recollection of the discussions at the time; that included the confusingness
> of some forms with WHERE omitted (IIRC).
>
> I don't think anyone is proposing the text as being the right way.

It's not. I think I spelled that out explicitly at one point.

I've changed the text to be compatible with the grammer (it will be
checked in shortly). It's not identical, since it doesn't need the
detail of iteratively defining QuadPattern, and so forth, so it should
still be checked.

Paul