Re: sparql11-results-csv-tsv

Quick mini-review:

Abstract

4store answers ASK in TSV as "true", but it should probably be "ask\ntrue" or similar.

3.1

What's the purpose of allowing the header line to be absent? Does any system do this now? It makes it tricky for consumers, and I prefer to MUST the header for SPARQL results.

teh -> the

Why no ? preceeding the header out of interest? I guess it goes with the STR(?val) in the data rows?

3.2

"Fields do not need to be quoted" ??? I find this a bit confusing, fields that include " \r\n or , should be escaped (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180#page-2 section 6).
Maybe "Fields not containing '"', ',', or 'CRLF' to not need to be quoted"?

4.1

Prefer requiring ? 5store uses $ for historical reasons, but 4store uses ?

4.2

", so" typo?

4.3

The header line of the example is incorrect by the text, should be

?x<TAB>?name<TAB>?knows<TAB>?hpage

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK