USING/USING NAMED test cases...

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:36:15 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Should we add the following example as test cases the test suite, making explicit that the behavior is not dictated by the spec?
Can someone remind me how/whether we have dealt with test cases that allow - implementation dependent -  alternative outcomes?
I think I vaguely remember that we had that case already...

Axel

Graph store:
   <g1>
     _:a :p :o .

Do we want Q1

   INSERT {GRAPH <g1> ?s :p :o2 } WHERE  {GRAPH <g1> ?s :p :o }

and Q2

   INSERT {GRAPH <g1> ?s  :p :o2 } USING <g1> WHERE  {?s :p :o }

and Q3

   INSERT {GRAPH <g1> ?s  :p :o2 } USING NAMED <g1> WHERE  {GRAPH <g1> ?s  :p :o }

behave the same or different? That is, does the new dataset defined by USING/USING NAMED change bnodes or not?

Essentially, for Q1, we'd expect as resulting graph store:

   <g1>
     _:a :p :o; :o2.

whereas for Q2/Q3 we probably may rather expect:

   <g1>
     _:a :p :o.
     _:b :p :o2.

but that might be implementation depenent also

   <g1>
     _:a :p :o; :o2.