Re: Parsing "18." in SPARQL

Hm, but XML Schema 1.1 explicily defines that the canonical form of a
decimal that also is an integer has no decimal point, i.e., the
canonical form of 18.0 as decimal is 18 (full stop to end the
sentence). IMO it is a bug of XML Schema Datatypes 1.0 to require that
decimals always have a decimal point, but also say that integers are
decimals, inherit the canonical form from decimal, but cannot have a
decimal point. Either XML Schema defines canonical forms per type
(that would be he best IMO, not inheriting from the base type) or you
have to do what XML Schema 1.1 does and allow for decimals thatare
also integers with no decimal point.
Birte

That doesn't define the datatype URI, but

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 309
Computing Laboratory