Re: Proposed: SPARQL grammar is complete as-is

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:50:31 +0000
To: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
CC: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On 23/12/10 12:09, Steve Harris wrote:
> On 2010-12-23, at 11:58, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>>
>>> I had an action to look at including CONSTRUCT WHERE { ... } for commonality with DELETE WHERE. I've not done anything about that, but it looks to me like it could be included as:
>>>
>>> 'CONSTRUCT WHERE' GroupGraphPattern SolutionModifier
>>
>> See discussion:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010OctDec/0462.html
>
> I completely forgot that.
>
> In that case, modulo the stuff I've already mentioned, I think it's OK.
>
> - Steve

Grammar updated:

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#sparqlGrammar

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql-grammar-11.html

has old names for STARTS and ENDS:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010OctDec/0486.html
point 3.

nor odes it have any of the suggestions for alternative ways to write it
that Eric gave.