Re: Importing RIF

Hi Axel,

interestingly, a question was posted on the SWIG list on this issue[1] recently...

In fact, this begs a procedural question. What you do in this document is to define a new predicate and its semantics. The predicate is in the RIF namespace, I presume the RIF WG is o.k. with that (recalling the mailing list discussions there). However, the mechanism itself, ie, the semantics of rif:usedWithProfile, is not SPARQL specific (see [1] below). I wonder whether it is worth separating this into a distinct document that can be referenced to in general as a Rec in its own right.

(B.t.w., I like the design:-)

Ivan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2010Dec/0098.html
On Dec 10, 2010, at 19:38 , Axel Polleres wrote:

> Sandro and I have drafted - in coordination with the RIF WG - a section on importing RIF, wiki version at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Importing_RIF
>
> I would also like to discuss this in the course of entailment regimes, this part shall replace the
> current Section 7.1 in the entailment regimes document:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-entailment/#id35811453
>
> I got some comments from Birte already, which were mainly about clarifying some parts, other comments certainly welcome!
>
> This completes ACTION-298, BTW.
> best,
> Axel

----