Re: Details of dateTime operations

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:54:50 +0000
To: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>

On 03/12/10 14:41, Steve Harris wrote:
> On 2010-12-03, at 14:12, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>> Easier (hopefully!)
>>
>> YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOURS, MINUTES
>>   Return an xsd:integer.
>> SECONDS
>>   Return an xsd:decimal (fractional seconds possible).
>
> Sounds good.
>
> What about a NOW()? Returning an xsd:dateTime for the current time, in the Z timezone. e.g.

I'm happy with that and I agree it's very useful.  It wasn't in the list
we decided on so I haven't included it. It should return the same
dateTime throughout the query execution.  c.f. fn:current-dateTime
("This function is ·stable·")

ARQ already has afn:now() - TZ is locale but of course you can run your
locale in Z.

In the useful camp might be VERSION()->string (unless security concerns?)

	Andy