Re: SPARQL protocol and HTTP Update : HTML file upload

On 11/25/10 9:45 AM, "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:
>>> Is this in/out scope for the SPARQL protocol and SPARQL HTTP Update?
>>>
>>> It would be good for standard, documented behavior here.  What is needed is:
>>>
>>> 1/ Note that the 2 specs do apply to multipart/form-data
>>> 2/ Define it so every content-disposition: filename= means load
>>>    as per POST for each of the SPARQL protocols.
>> This seems sensible,

Seems sensible to me as well.

>> I see filename= as problematic though, as we really need
>> a URI in there for it to be useful.
>
> filename is part of RFC1867 and is supplied by the browser.

Do browsers typically return *just* the filename or do they return a URI
using the file: scheme? If it is the former, then I would think the base
resolution mechanism should be enough to determine the full URI for the
target named graph.  If it is the latter, then I agree that this would be
problematic since you couldn't reasonably interpret the request as
indicating that the client has identified a resource on the server to
modify.

> I have a prototype that adds a form field named-graph-uri (same name as
> SPARQL query protocol, different meaning).  If it's "", absent or
> "default" it means the default graph.

So, would a request with named-graph-uri = 'default' and a filename= trigger
a 400 (Bad Request)?

> Would that be what you want?  Tricky for more than one file but we could
> just restrict ourselves to one file for some text.

I think we would want (for HTTP/Update, anyways) to restrict to only one
file.

> 3/ Define a form field "graph-uri"

Is that needed? Assuming, filename= can provide a fully qualified (HTTP) URI
or if just the filename is provided, the base resolution mechanism would be
able to determine the target named graph being modified/added, then it seems
that the only additional parameter we need is one to indicate whether or not
the embedded content is meant for the default graph (default-graph or
something similar)

-- Chime

in America by U.S.News & World Report (2009).
locations.