Re: Review of Entailment Regimes (Action-317)

and again with Reply All... (see below)

On 3 October 2010 09:21, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Birte,
>
> On Oct 2, 2010, at 20:01 , Birte Glimm wrote:
>>
>>> Comments on your comments, too:
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> Yes, I understand the difficulty, having done some experimental rule based implementation of Horst myself some time ago. Indeed, the engine has to have a special branch that, for example, looks at the maximum 'n' for rdf:_n (Horst's condition was a bit more liberal than what we have). But I am, nevertheless, a bit wary about this alternative because, to use the example in the document, the user's expectation would clearly be to get rdf:_n back as an rdf:Property. I am not sure we should optimize on the implementation here (clearly, it _can_ done by an implementation, it is just a pain in the neck...)
>>
>> I also think that the current condition is nicer and I would like to
>> keep it, but I am a bit concerned that this might not be what people
>> actually implement, so I think asking for feedback could help us to
>> judge whether we suggest something that just won't be accepted out in
>> the wild.
>>

> And I agree with that. But maybe add a note to the note that we are looking, primarily, to the feedbacks from implementers.

I added now at the beginning of the note:

The Working Group is particularly interested in feedback from
implementors regarding the treatmeant of axiomatic triples with
subjects of the form rdf:_1, rdf:_2, ...

Birte

> Ivan
>
> ----
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/