Re: Entailment Doc ready for review

From: Olivier Corby <olivier.corby@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:01:24 +0200
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Before writing my review on entailment, I have a question on this point:

section 2.4 Boolean Queries (Informative)

The two conditions C1 and C2 also have an effect on the answers to
Boolean queries. For Boolean queries that contain variables, e.g.,

ASK { ?x a rdf:Property }

The query answer is yes (true) if there is at least one solution mapping
(i.e., a solution that satisfies also conditions C1 and C2) and it is no
(false) otherwise. For example, if the queried graph is the empty graph,
the query has no solution since even if a pattern instance mapping
yields an axiomatic triple, condition C2 cannot be satisfied.

My question is why condition C2 cannot be satisfied ?

Thanx,

Olivier