Re: Thinking out lout about some strange SPARQL entailment test cases...

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:39:14 +0100
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
>  G:
>   :s :p 1
>
>  Q:
>  SELECT ?L
>  WHERE { ?L a xsd:integer }

I just added these test cases and I was wondering whether the 1 in the
graph should not be "1"^^xsd:integer. Isn't it a SPARQL specific way
of writing 1 as shortcu for "1"^^xsd:integer or is that also in
Turtle? Also, is a pure RDFS systems (without any additional datatype
support) required to read any datatype? I imagine most systems will
happily read properly typed literals and if 1 is a Turtle abbreviation
for "1"^^xsd:integer, then it should be fine I guess, but I am not
sure whether they MUST anything of the form "..."^^URI.

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 309
Computing Laboratory