Re: Comments on SPARQL 1.1. Update (2)

Hi,

On 31 Aug 2010, at 13:26, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> 4.1.3 DELETE/INSERT
>
> [[
> Following the optional WITH clause are the INSERT
>  and DELETE directives.
> ]]
> [[
> The GRAPH <uri> clause ... the directive applies to the graph specified by the WITH clause ...
> ]]
>
> What's the difference between a clause and a directive?  What is a directive? (in N3, @prefix and @base are directives).

I've looked at the QUERY doc, that indeed should be clause instead of directive (you're using SELECT clause, WHERE clause, etc.)
I've updated it, and changed the second part by

"""
"""

> [[
> To illustrate the use of the WITH clause, an operation of the general form:
>
> WITH <g1> INSERT { x y z } DELETE { a b c } WHERE { ... }
>
> Is considered equivalent to:
>
> INSERT { GRAPH <g1> { x y z } } DELETE { GRAPH <g1> { a b c } } USING <g1> WHERE { ... }
>
> Note that WITH will be ignored for any section that stipulates a GRAPH or for the entire WHERE clause if a USING is present.
> ]]
>
> The last sentence isn't right:

Is your example complete ? I cannot see the relationship with the WITH.

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute