limit per resource rethought...

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:56:45 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi all again,

in the course of my last mail, I also thought about adding another example:

E)  "Give me all persons and the first 3 (alphabetically by name) of their friends"

but I couldn't find any way to write this in an intuitive manner... ideas anyone?
I am afraid, that - by the scoping we have imposed for subqueries - that one might be difficult/impossible?

The following naive writing  does't work obviously:

  SELECT ?P ?F
  { ?P a :Person .
    {SELECT ?P ?F { ?P :knows ?F . ?F name ?N } ORDER BY ?N LIMIT 3 }
  }

I also think I recall that we had this discussion already some time back in some other form,
but I can't recall the outcome :-|

Anyone to help?

Axel