Re: tomorrow's agenda (and initial open ISSUES summary.. )

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:33:36 +0100
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
CC: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On 27/07/2010 4:47 PM, Axel Polleres wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2010, at 14:53, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> I thought that the optionality (?) of the whole thing was still up in
>>> the air? Though there was a leaning towards making SERVICE optional and
>>> BINDINGS required?
>>
>> That's my recollection so BINDINGS is definitely in the query doc.  IIRC
>> we decided that, on balance, if it's just SERVICE, then a whole doc for
>> it would be appreciable overhead and not enough benefit - an initial
>> para say "optional feature" is sufficient.
>

> Ok, the usual way to do this would be just to make the respective
> section "Informative", wouldn't it?

I guess so - certainly not "normative" - but I think it's still worth a
line or two to explain.  In a W3C doc, there can be "Informative"
sections that are about required features - that is, they explain
something which is normatively defined elsewhere in the spec.

Here the "informative" is about a not-required feature.

	Andy