Re: Subquery tests: [was: ACTION-270 completed]

From: Olivier Corby <Olivier.Corby@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:39:15 +0200
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/subquery/
>

> Tests: 4,5,6,7
> Both queries and manifest have dataset descriptions
>
> FROM and qt:data
> FROM NAMED and qt:graphData
>
> test 6: change to qt:data to get answers in the results file.
> test 8: change to qt:data to get answers in the results file.

Test 4 is designed this way to check that "from" does not apply ant that
dataset applies with graph pattern.
Test 5 declares that we need sq05.rdf in the dataset and the from named
specifies sq05.rdf, so for me it is correct
Test 7 is designed this way to check that "from" does not apply ant that
dataset applies with graph pattern.

Test 6 & 8 has an error, we need to replace qt:graphData with qt:data

> Test 3:
> Got: 1 --------------------------------
> --------
> | x    |
> ========
> | in:c |
> --------
> Expected: 2 -----------------------------
> --------
> | x    |
> ========
> | in:a |
> | in:c |
> --------
>
> (this is what is in the original email)
>
> This makes sense to me because:
> select ?x where {
> graph ?g {
>   {select ?x where {?x ?p ?g}}
> }
> }
> and the inner SELECT ?x masks out the ?g in the subquery.

Test 3 is correct, there are two triples with two different subjects in
current graph. Variable ?g is not bound in subquery.

> Test 8:
> Query: Bad syntax, need (... AS ...)
>
> prefix ex:    <http://www.example.org/schema#>
> prefix in:    <http://www.example.org/instance#>
>
> select ?x ?max where {
> {select (max(?y) as ?max) where {?x ex:p ?y} }
> ?x ex:p ?max

Yes, bad syntax

> Data: Misspelling of integer in datatype.
> Results: Misspelling of integer in datatype.

Yes.

> Manifest has a named graph, query assumes default graph

Yes.

> then OK.
>
> Shall I check-in the fixed tests?

Yes we can, except 3,4, 5, 7 which are correct in my opinion.

>     Andy

Olivier