SPARQL Update feature

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:20:06 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
It occurred to me we are missing a feature in SPARQL Update (language) -
the ability to clear the graph store. That is, drop all the named graphs
and empty the default graph.

While , in some stores, the similar effect can be achieved with

DELETE WHERE { GRAPH ?g { ?s ?p ?o } }
CLEAR GRAPH DEFAULT

because they drop empty graphs, it's not possible in general to drop all
the named graphs.

Therefore either something to drop all named graphs, or something to
reset the graph store is needed.

# Drop all named graphs.
DROP GRAPH ALL

DROP GRAPH ALL does not work very well if it's CLEAR GRAPH DEFAULT
(actually, I thought the syntax was going to be CLEAR DEFAULT, not CLEAR
GRAPH DEFAULT)

# Clear the graph store.
RESET ALL
CLEAR ALL # but the named graphs aren't cleared, they are dropped
DROP ALL # but the default graph isn't dropped