Re: Syntax of MINUS

From: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:11:57 +0100
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>

On 31 Mar 2010, at 09:13, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> Should the syntax of MINUS be like UNION with {} on the left-hand side
>
> { { ?s a foaf:Person
>    ?s foaf:name ?name
>  }
>  MINUS
>  { ?s foaf:knows ?other }
> }
>
> or without:
>
> { ?s a foaf:Person .
>  ?s foaf:name ?name .
>  MINUS { ?s foaf:name ?name }
> }

My preference for the second one, saves a few editing process when adding / removing a MINUS clause from an existing query.
And I see MINUS more as a "negative FILTER" so it makes sense to me not to have these {} to the pattern before.

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute