Re: SPARQL Federation Extensions draft

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:58:31 +0200
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Hey Eric,

just for my understanding... If I have something like

FROM <uri>
SELECT ...
WHERE
{
   SERVICE <uri-1> { ... }
   SERVICE <uri-2> { ... }
}

the SERVICE parts are, sort of, hints only, right? What I mean is: the SPARQL processor is not required to send out further queries to <uri-1> and <uri-2> if it is confident that all data is available in <uri>. Or is it so that this is a compulsory step for the processor?

Ivan

On Mar 27, 2010, at 04:36 , Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
>
> take a look, help out, ...
> --
> -ericP