Re: SPARQL update and datasets

That works only under your assumption that the FROM/FROM NAMED clauses are internal to the graph store,
but wouldn't work if you want to use a query with a FROM/FROM NAMED clause to "import" data from an external
graph (in an implementation that allows URI dereferencing), right?

An alternative option would be that the DEFAULT graph of the query (WHERE) part and the default/unnamed graph of
the actual update (INSERT/DELETE) are decoupled, i.e. FROM/FROM NAMED only affects what the WHERE part is matched against.

best,
Axel