Re: Summary of recent issues on current query spec (to be discussed in detail after current WD round)

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:10:36 +0000
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Cc: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On 8 February 2010 15:32, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com> wrote:

> On 08/02/2010 1:50 PM, Birte Glimm wrote:
>>>
>>> 4) Definition of Pattern Instance Mapping

>> Andy, what is a mapping pattern?
>
> It's not a proposed piece of terminology: read as:
>
> "to apply to the mapping of patterns"
>
> The idea is to deal with "RDF instance mapping" and "Solution Mapping"
> consistently, not alter just one.

It is still not clear to me what you want to have in the definition.
Neither "RDF instance mapping" nor "Solution Mapping" is altered and
both are treated in the same way in the definition. Can you suggest a
complete text for the definition if you are not happy with the
proposed one?

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 306