Re: Base URI in updates?

On 5 Feb 2010, at 15:31, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> This arose because of baseless RDF/XML and wanting to copy them from
> the their original URL to a harvesting store.
>
> What's the base URI when using SPARQL HTTP Update when using remote
> naming (?graph=)
>
> It looks to me like it's the whole of:
>
>   http://server/service?graph=http://examples/myGraph

FWIW, in 4store it's <http://examples/myGraph> in this example. In our
experiences this more matches user expectations with regard to
relative URIs.

Agreed that the draft should be clearer in this regard.

Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44 20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD