Finalizing syntax

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:39:39 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To get to a final syntax, the things I know need doing to [1] are:

+ SPARQL Update syntax

+ Mandatory AS (it's optional currently)

+ ! in property paths, if we include that.

+ DISTINCT in all built-in aggregates

+ Finalize the aggregate keywords.

+ TF-LIB: Constructors for terms [2]

IRI(string) -> IRI
BNODE() -> fresh blank node
BNODE(string) -> same blank node as other use of BNODE(string)
LITERAL(str) ->
LITERAL(str, IRI) ->
LITERAL(str, string) ->

+  TF-LIB: IN and BETWEEN
    (COALESCE and IF are already in the grammar)

I'm still unclear as to whether BETWEEN includes or excludes the upper
and lower bounds.  Include both and include lower and exclude upper both
make sense, for integers and doubles respectively.

	Andy

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql-grammar-all.html

[2]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:FunctionLibrary#SPARQL_specific