Re: Response to comments of Enrico

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:10:50 +0100
To: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Hey Birte,

I propose to simply send the short paragraph you quoted below:

> For the OWL entailment regimes we do not envisage an encoding into
> SPARQL queries that are then evaluated under simple entailment
> semantics. The current working draft includes an OWL Direct Semantics
> entailment regime that hopefully clarifies this. The working draft
> does not yet define an entailment regime for OWL RDF-Based Semantics
> (which is used for the OWL 2 RL profile), but that is envisaged for a
> future working draft.

Maybe you can also say (it is true, isn't it?) that the RDF-Based
Semantics entailment is planned to follow the same approach, ie, no
encoding into SPARQL queries... But you can safely ignore this, too.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153
FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf