Re: SPARQL 1.1 Update

From: Richard Newman <rnewman@twinql.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:43:55 -0800
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Just a brief additional note:

>>> * There doesn't seem to be any mention at all of responses in the
>>> draft. Is
>>> that intentional?
>>
>> I believe so. That's a job for the protocol, right?
>
> Yes but it is worth noting that no operations have any results other
> than success/failure (unlike a query, say).

While my question was for clarification, not an action, just today a
customer asked "how can I find out how many triples were deleted by
this API call?".

Without saying either way that the spec should mandate a particular
response, I think it's very likely that customers will ask for, and
implementations will provide, a useful response to an Update request.