Re: SPARQL Query 1.1 review comments

Andy and Steve,

Thanks for looking at the comments on such a short notice.

You can ignore my comment about 8.1 (Negation Syntax). It was more of a minor prett y-printing nit-picking . But, now I see that it is consistent with the way the grammar is specified. (Regarding WS, I am assuming that whitespaces are allowed between the (NOT) EXISTS and the GroupGraphPattern.)

Regarding my comments about "value of expression in presence of operands of incorrect data types" ("semantics unclear" in Sec 2.5, Sec 13.1.2, and Sec 9): The idea of skipping the binding (effectively binding=null?) sounds good.

For the query example in Sec 9, I still think it will nicely show the grouping aspect if  we extend the SELECT list slightly to SELECT ?org (SUM(?lprice) AS ?totalPrice) .

One more  question: Are we always requiring an alias for an expression? That is, would SELECT SUM(?lprice) ... (i.e., without the alias ?totalPrice) be allowed?

Thanks,

- Souri.