ACTION-brief review of property paths

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:41:07 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Very short review: This document is in good shape for FPWD, no objections against publication.
my initial comments have already been answered, cf.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010JanMar/0008.html

Two Small things:

* Outstanding issues section:

"This feature can be mnore useful if results are return in order"
->
"This feature can be more useful if results are returned in order"

* One thing I am unsure about concerning the precedences:
  [...]
  # Unary ^ inverse links
  # Unary operators *, ?, + and {} forms
  #  Binary operators / and ^
  [...]

So, in
  elt1 ^ elt2 +
'+' binds stronger than '^'
but in the "expanded" version
  elt1 / ^ elt2 +
it is the other way around? It seems, if this is intended, then
  "elt1 ^ elt2 +"
should in fact be expanded to
  "elt1 / ^(elt2+)"
?

If this is an issue indeed, could that be solved by just reordering precedence as follows?

  [...]
  # Unary operators *, ?, + and {} forms
  # Unary ^ inverse links
  [...]