Question on blank nodes

From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:12:36 -0700
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

I've been trying to find the conversation we've had on the scope of
blank nodes in a delete, but so far I haven't found it.

What happens for the following query:

  DELETE { ?s :p _:b } WHERE { ?s :p _:b }

Is the _:b treated as the same node in the template as it is in the pattern?

I know this was decided already, and I thought I wrote it into the
Update document. Unfortunately, it's not there, and just in case my
memory is not accurate I thought I'd better ask before putting it in.