Fwd: IRI creation and encoding

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:06:33 +0300
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
I added Peter Ansell's question on the comments page.

Before we send an official answer to that... In the current draft of Constructor Functions
http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#FunctionMapping
I indeed miss casting to IRI. I think I'd agree that we need this direction of
conversion to IRIs.

In RIF there is a predicate http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-dtb/#pred:iri-string
for that.

Once we agree on that, the answer to the request should be clear (then the desired behaviour would be doable with a subquery)

best,
Axel

Begin forwarded message: