Re: SPARQL Grammar updated

On 2010-04-25, at 18:11, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> * GROUP_CONCAT(?x,?y ; SEPARATOR=";")
>
> At F2F3, we converged on this named parameters form of GROUP_CONCAT.  I suggested a uniform treatment with params available in custom aggregates. However, having tried this, I found it leads to complexity without obvious benefit.
>
> Question:
> Is this legal:
>  GROUP_CONCAT(?x,?y ; SEPARATOR=?sep)
> where ?sep is some in-scope variable?  For now, I've made the separator a fixed string depending clarification.

I think constants only is a good idea. As I mentioned at the F2F, it otherwise raises a host of issues around grouped v's non-grouped values.

As everything after the ; is passed directly to the set function, that expression must either be GROUP BY ?sep, or it would have to be SAMPLE(?sep), or similar, and I don't really want to go there.

Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK
+44 20 8439 8203  http://www.garlik.com/